Ahli chairman calls for calm ahead of Kabylie clash
الأحد، 22 أغسطس 2010 - 15:46
كتب : Omar AbdelAziz
A stern contest is expected to take place at Cairo Stadium on Sunday, but fears of a fiery atmosphere off the pitch are increasing following the Algerians' ill-tempered victory last week.
Apart from an ugly scuffle between Ahli players and a number of Algerian stewards, the Egyptian champions said their bus had been stoned twice in Tizi Ouzou.
Eventually, the six-time African champions filed an official complaint to CAF, even so chairman Hamdi intends to repay the Algerians the warm reception that preceded the events.
Confidence
"I have confidence in our fans as I know they will not do anything that would harm the team," he told a news conference on Sunday.
"We have been greeted respectably in Algeria and I will be there to welcome Kabylie myself.
"The individual accident we were subjected to should not influence our acts. We have already reacted by calling CAF to preserve our rights."
Ahli are currently trailing leaders Kabylie by five points in Group B as the Algerians will go through should they avoid defeat in Cairo.
نرشح لكم
الصباح المغربية: صدمة في الجيش الملكي بسبب تقرير مراقب مباراة الأهلي
"البطولة تسير في اتجاه واحد".. الزمالك يتحفظ على حكم مباراة حرس الحدود ويطلب تفسير أخطاء أمين عمر
"ننتظركم في القادم".. إمام عاشور يوجه رسالة لجماهير الأهلي
مواعيد مباريات اليوم الجمعة - الزمالك والإسماعيلي وقمة الجولة.. ونقل مواجهتان عبر APP
قائمة بيراميدز - غياب علي جبر وقطة ضد سيراميكا كليوباترا
"المكان الذي عشت فيه أجمل اللحظات".. ميشيل يانكون يوضح حقيقة شكوى الأهلي
مؤتمر مدرب الجونة: الأهلي عاقبنا.. ونتعرض للضغط بسبب السفر المتكرر
مؤتمر توروب: سنرى من سيعوض ياسر إبراهيم.. ولا أهتم بمن يسجل المهم الفوز












حكايات في الجول – همسات صديق.. من لاعبة إلى حكم وممرضة